Re: [OM] Guess That Auction! [was: More eBay madness!]

Subject: Re: [OM] Guess That Auction! [was: More eBay madness!]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:01:06 +0800
> Wow, didn't George Anderson have a OM-4T that looked like that?  Is that
your
> old camera, George? LOL!
>
> Anyone want to make bets on the final bid price?  OM body cap (ebay value
of
> up to $16) goes to the winner!  I'll say $290.  But then, what do I get
if I
> win?  (I could use a 49mm Olympus front cap).  Caution though, there is
an
> Eyecup 2 and a body cap as value added in this auction.  And, how about
this:
> copy of instruction manual (cut and bound like original)
> Hum, what's that worth???  :-)
>
> Here is the URL again:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=59161041
>
> My advance apologies, no offense taken, to the seller: lensman@xxxxxxx
> He/she provided easy to assess photos and an apparently accurate
description.
> And I like his/her Konica FT-1 "as is."
>
> Contest ends: 01/28/99 19:58:01  Void where prohibited by law.  C.H.,
they
> allow this in Hong Kong?
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

Gary,

Do you mean internet bidding, I think there will be no problem here in Hong
Kong. If for unreasonable pricing, you can complain to the consumer
council. But I think it is your own responsibility if you had placed a too
high bid for an item.

On the other hand I don't see any problem on this OM4T bidding, the heading
only mentioned "Must see" it didn't say anything about the item's
condition, the wording only serve to attract the potential buyers. But I
will not bid on this as I am really worry about what had happen to this
camera.

C.H.Ling