Re: [OM] OM4Ti spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti spot metering
From: "Sean Chan" <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:02:53 +0800
George S. wrote
> Of course we do. Multi-spot metering is possibly the main
> attraction of the
> camera. Once you start using it, you'll be hooked.

and Jim Terazawa wrote

> I have both the -4 and -4Ti.  I use multi spot ~900f time, but maybe
> about 5 0.000000or hilite/shadow functions.

I too use spot metering a lot (90%??) with my OM-4Ti and EOS-3.
And I agree it's a dream to use. However, I'm wondering if it's
necessary. Last Wednesday I went shooting with a friend of mine
and he asked me to take a picture of a building. I spotted the
blue sky, the cream building walls, and dark windows. Then he
asked me, "What the hell are you doing?? You don't have to spot
all that!! Your evaluative metering (I was using my EOS-3) should
be able to handle all that!!".

Most likely if I had settled for the EOS-3's evaluative metering
or my OM-4Ti's center-weighted, it would have resulted in the same
exposure settings averaged by the spot metering. But I've gotten
so used to & dependent on spot, that I wonder if I am using it
incorrectly. Anyone else feels this way??

Sean
--
Sean H.Y. Chan                   sean@xxxxxxxxxx
IT Consultant        http://www.tsm.com.au/~sean