Re: [OM] Ultimate meter and class assignment.

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultimate meter and class assignment.
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:14:50 -0000
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>

>Here is an assignment for everybody:  Take a roll of slide film (or B&W)
>and shoot it completely without using any meter at all...

I did something like this a few months ago when I tested a Retinette, but
with colour print film. As it has neither meter nor rangefinder I had a
couple of days of going back to basics by estimating both focus and
exposure - didn't even have the film box with me - and trying to allow for
the slow shutter speeds that are two stops too slow. Apart from two shots in
woodland that were considerably underexposed, the results weren't bad, and I
even had some nostalgic flare where the treeline meet the sky.

You're right, this is a salutary lesson that I hope to repeat every couple
of years, and it increases my appreciation of what my OM-2n can do. You
could benefit 'er indoors with a similar experience by taking the plugs off
some of the kitchen appliances!!

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx