[OM] avoid demonic contact/ND filters and reciprosity

Subject: [OM] avoid demonic contact/ND filters and reciprosity
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrickg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:37:58 -0700
>I know because I lost one end cap, and had a devil replacing it. I ended up
>with a metric bolt and washer.

That is the problem with dealing with a devil (clever or otherwise) they
deal strictly in metric even when SAE is or Whitworth is called for.

Anyone have any comments regarding the use of ND filters to allow longer
exposures with color negative film?  Which commonly available films (ASA
100 or thereabouts) have the least radical color shifts when exposures are
extended into the reciprosity failure zone.  I guess I should have said
which have less reciprosity failure or which require the longest exposures
to get into recoprosity failure.  Is there a better way to do this with an
OM1 or 2 besides just putting on the filter(s) and going for it?  It seems
too easy.

Patrick