[no subject]

From: "kvv" <jollyblr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 05:49:26 +0530
From:K.V.Venkata Ramu
(Just RAMU will do)
Bangalore
India.
I am new both to this group as well as to the glorious OM-family.(I still have
a Miranda-F which I bought 33 yeas ago! in mint condition)
Just now I acquired a used OM-2 (not OM-2N). After going over it carefully, I
have made the following observations:
Body serial Number:480331
Normal lens:50mm,1.4; G-Zuiko Auto-s #457287

* There is no manual along with it.
1) It has a small lever in lower right corner of the lens mount above which is
written "B"
2) On the shutter speed ring diametrically opposite the 1/15 sec mark a red
star is marked along with the word " Reset"
3) Similarly "Reset"  also appeares on the rim of a plastic ring inside the
battery compartment.

Can anyone kindly explain me the function of these points?

4) The "Check" does not seem to function. i.e. I expected some light in the
small glass insert just below the mode lever at the back.
4) It seems to work correctly in all modes except that it shows 4 stops too
low, both in the manual and auto modes.
The battery voltage is 1.5V in each of the two AgO cells. When viewed through
the pentaprism some stains appears in the very bottom region. Could this be the
cause of this trouble? I do not know wher the light sensors are placed in this
model to activate the readings.
what could be the possible reason for this?
What is the best way to rectify this?
Is there a adjustment pot Inside to adjust the 4-stop error?
I would appreciate if someone can email me a "circuit diagram" of this model.
I am good at electronics and with proper guidelines from the OM-community, I
can get the work done through a local camera repair technician, who are
generally good at mechanical work but lack knowledge of electronics.

Would be very glad and grateful for any useful replies.

Ramu.