Re: [OM] zuiko 100/2

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 100/2
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:51:06 EST
In a message dated 1/24/99 1:43:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< can any owners of this lens comment on their opinions?  i have seen
 quite a few 85/2's and 100/2.8's, but i've never seen the 100/2.  it's
 big and bulky, but i would think it's optics are a real cracker.....  as
 the 100/2.8 is the one lens in my lineup i wish to replace, the 100/2
 seems the perfect replacement.

 and does anyone have a 100/2 they would like to sell?? >>

Hello James,

I don't have one either, but I can tell you that one of the more recent and
successful professional OM system users - Shin Yoshino - used this lens and
several of his photographs published in the 1996 Olympus Calendar were taken
with this lens.   The prints are about 11"x16" and the quality is outstanding.

My advice:  get one if you can :-)

Hope this helps,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY