Re: [OM] 100/2 zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2 zuiko
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:35:57 EST
In a message dated 1/25/99 3:58:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< the recent posts regarding the 100/2 zuiko have perked my interest.
 i've never really heard much about this lens.  my 100/2.8 is my least
 favorite lens in my line up, and it's the one i wish to replace.>>

Why is it your least favorite. I don't own one, but from what I have read here
it sounds like a wonderful, sharp, light lens.

<< several people have stated that they love their 100/2, (maybe love is
 too strong a word?)>>

Not too strong at all.

<< so i'd be interested in hearing more about it.  it
 certainly seems to be much larger and heavier than the 100/2.8, which is
 no surprise.>>

Yes, it is very heavy. Balances well with a winder 2, though. I find it one of
my most versatile lenses. Great for portraits, obviously, existing light
candids of the kids (without being too intrusive), and I even use it
frequently as a macro lens on extension tubes. That said, if you are looking
for a lens in this range you might want to also investigate the 90/2 macro.

 <<and, are all 100/2's multicoated?>>

I believe they all are.

 <<does anyone want to sell/trade one? >>

Sell? Trade? Make me laugh!

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI