Re: [OM] Tamron mount info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron mount info
From: mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:32:51 -0700
How right you are, thanks; When looking at the lens and body when
installing the lens it appeared to pass and perhhaps actually sit on the
plastic button. But when looking at it again and comparing it to my 50f/3.5
mc macro, those screw positions appear the same with the exception of the
screw at 6 oclock on the Adapttall 2.

Thanks again, I am going to take more jewelry photos.

Mike

>In a message dated 1/25/99 8:13:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Thanks to who ever started this information.  I just checked my Tamron
> 90f2.5 macro (old SP BBAR MC) and the mount, on the black inside ring is
> written;  OL JAPAN with about 1cm spacing between the writing.  One screw
> head does cross the little black plastic knob/bump on the camera lens mount
> that is located about 1cm below the red dot.  I plan to take preventive
> measures this week. >>
>
>Mike, you have just re-opened the can of worms. The mount inscription you
>describe is the inscription of the "newer" mounts, and the screw head of
>concern should stop just short of the OM4 plastic reset button. If you look at
>the back side of the mount with the red dot at the 12:00 o'clock position, the
>"problem screw" should be at about the 4:00 o'clock position and this will
>clear the reset button. On the older mounts marked with  "ADAPTALL 2" AND "for
>OLYMPUS OM -------- JAPAN" the screw will be at the 3:00 o'clock position, and
>WILL foul the reset button.
>
>Regards, Paul Connet

Mike Stoesz, VP