[OM] OM4Ti

Subject: [OM] OM4Ti
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:26:07 -0800
>From: "Jerry Dean" <jdean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Would you say that the only minuses to this camera would be the flash
>capabilities...

I don't consider it's flash capability lacking -- what do you mean, that it
doesn't have one built-in? That's a POSITIVE, like no built-in motor drive!
I don't want to carry a flash around all the time, when 900f my shots
don't use it! I don't want a dinky built-in flash, when the one I use can
be selected for:

  1) small (T-20)
  2) general-purpose (T-32)
  3) huge (T-45)
  4) macro (T-Power Control)
  5) studio (commercial with OM adaptor)

>and no aptature reading in the viewfinder...

This would be useful

>... how lmany
>seconds does the viewfinder info stay visible?

Without looking in the manual, I'd say "long enough." My guess is 30
seconds. I rarely have it turn off in the middle of setting up a shot, or
if it does, I tap the shutter release and it comes back. No big thing.

>Is OTF still considered
>modern techology?

As far as I know, it certainly is for flash. It doesn't seem to have caught
on widely for normal exposures. At least you don't have to worry about
stray light coming in the viewfinder, as you must with cameras that meter
off the focusing screen, which I consider out-dated technology.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229