Re: [OM] OM 2S

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2S
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:02:33 -0800
>Hi Everybody,
>I may be buying a fairly new (read used) OM 2S - any major hiccups I should
look
>out for? I've read some recent threads about the problems associated with this
>model and why Oly yanked it off their catalogue; do we have any satisfied
users on
>this list? Please contact with your experiences.
>RK

   RK,

   Another satisfied customer here, once I learned to use silver oxide
 batteries only. As far as the battery drain problem, I seem to have gotten
 a good one. I leave the batteries in. Last time they were changed?- a year
 ago New Year's day.
  It was the first OM I had after replacing my second OM1 (both damaged due
 to fishing accidents ;)). When I bought the OM4, I tended to take the
 "new toy" out more, using the 2S as a backup. Now that I've had the 4 for
  awhile, I use the 2s about 30-400f the time. And , of course, an OM1
  is always a good backup for any cold weather shooting (beyond just being
  fun sometimes :)).

                                                enjoy,
                                                  Brad