[no subject]

From: "Shane Wilke" <havoc66@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:17:06 PST
The meter might be bad, that would explain why it's four stops under.
That happens. The check is for the bettery. And the b is for bulb
setting. It's a nice function, I use it to do LONG exposures. As long as
you hold down the shutter button the shutter stays open. And the reset
button, I don't know exactly what it's for, I'm not big on
technicalities, but When the lens sticks or the shutter sticks if you
push the reset button and roll the ring around to B it resets the
shutter.
I'm sorry I'm not very technical, but I've owned and OM for about two
years now and I've explored most of it myself. Hope this helps.
Tomas

>From owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mon Jan 25 13:24:44 1999
>From: "kvv" <jollyblr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 05:49:26 +0530
>Sender: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>From:K.V.Venkata Ramu
>(Just RAMU will do)
>Bangalore
>India.
>I am new both to this group as well as to the glorious OM-family.(I
still have a Miranda-F which I bought 33 yeas ago! in mint condition)
>Just now I acquired a used OM-2 (not OM-2N). After going over it
carefully, I have made the following observations:
>Body serial Number:480331
>Normal lens:50mm,1.4; G-Zuiko Auto-s #457287
>
>* There is no manual along with it.
>1) It has a small lever in lower right corner of the lens mount above
which is written "B"
>2) On the shutter speed ring diametrically opposite the 1/15 sec mark a
red star is marked along with the word " Reset"
>3) Similarly "Reset"  also appeares on the rim of a plastic ring inside
the battery compartment.

>Can anyone kindly explain me the function of these points?
>
>4) The "Check" does not seem to function. i.e. I expected some light in
the small glass insert just below the mode lever at the back.
>4) It seems to work correctly in all modes except that it shows 4 stops
too low, both in the manual and auto modes.
>The battery voltage is 1.5V in each of the two AgO cells. When viewed
through the pentaprism some stains appears in the very bottom region.
Could this be the cause of this trouble? I do not know wher the light
sensors are placed in this model to activate the readings.
>what could be the possible reason for this?
>What is the best way to rectify this?
>Is there a adjustment pot Inside to adjust the 4-stop error?
>I would appreciate if someone can email me a "circuit diagram" of this
model.
>I am good at electronics and with proper guidelines from the
OM-community, I can get the work done through a local camera repair
technician, who are generally good at mechanical work but lack knowledge
of electronics.