Re: [OM] Tamron 180F2.5 LD versus Olympus 180F2.8???

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 180F2.5 LD versus Olympus 180F2.8???
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:18:09 -0500
Alex,
  By all means stick to the Olympus.  But do not read into anything that
has been said that the Tamron mount is not reliable.  There has been
nothing said in that vein.  What has been said is that certain versions
(all five of mine) can do unexpected things to certain models of OM
camera.  No one said unreliable except you, and I gather you don't even
own one.  The Tamron Adaptall2 mount is an invaluable and very good
device to make available many very high quality lens to a variety of
different cameras.  The only major problem with the Adaptall2 mount is
that I don't think it's made any longer.
Rand E.

snip