[OM] response to 100/2.8

Subject: [OM] response to 100/2.8
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:51:57 PST
sorry for the late response on my original post.  i receive the digest
version of this group, at about 7:00 or so every night.  so i'm rather
sporadic.....  when i said my 100/2.8 is my least favorite lens, it is
not based on a mathematical computation of x/y/z, etc.  rather, looking
at slides under a loupe, my other olympus lenses just have a *snap* to
them that the 100/2.8 lacks.  from all the portraits i took in india and
nepal, the 100/2.8 slides look good, but the slides where i used the
50/3.5 macro and got close for portraits, etc. just have a better
feeling.

  i am not saying the 100/2.8 is bad, buy in my opinion it just is not
as great as the other lenses i own.....

the lenses i compare the 100/2.8 to are the 24/2, 35/2 and 50/3.5.  i am
still deciding on the 65-200/4 zuiko.  it hasn't grabbed my attention
yet, but i'm still testing.