Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:11:00 -0500
At 12:03 PM 1/26/99 -0500, you wrote:

><< If you set the camera speed to M60 or B, doesn't that shut off the
> camera? Easier than removing the batteries. >>
>
>In this case this would work, although setting the speed to M60 or B does
>*not* "shut off" the camera. There is still the low level drain on the
>battery. The meter and display will not turn on, though, which should solve
>this particular problem.

Paul you are absolutely right. I measured the camera at the bench with
a 3.00V supply and this is what I measured on my used OM-4T:

idle or M60: 6-8uA              6-7  years
meter on:    650-670uA          28-30 days
light on:    10mA               40-50 hours

I don't know how many mA-hr the batteries are, but assuming
400-500mA-hr, the batteries should last: with the light on 40-50 hours;
meter on 28-30 days; idle 6-7 years.

Wayne Shumaker