RE: [OM] T32 Price

Subject: RE: [OM] T32 Price
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:27:04 +1000
Andy wrote:

> What would be a reasonable price in Australia for a T32 in good
> condition ? What should I be looking for when I look at it.
> One has appeared in a local shop, & they are asking AU$250 for it.
> Assuming its in good nick, is this in the right ballpark??

Indeed...

  the prices of T32's (and other OM) in Aus can be virging
on the ridiculous. I've oftern had to stifle outright laughter
in most of the camera stores in Sydney.

(pay no attention to my email address, I'm in Homebush, Sydney).

  You might be better off looking for a 3rd-party flash with a dedicated OM
module, like a Sunpack 433D (US$120 new at B&H) or Vivitar
something-or-other.

   Things to look out for in a T32 include cracked plastic (especially
around the shoe),
evidence of corrosion in the battery compartment due to leaking batteries,
etc.

Check out RLH's excellent FAQ for answers to all your questions....

http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/buying-used-om.faq.html#ques_
U3

     duncan