Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] an even deadlier battery problem
From: Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:02:57 +0200
Frank van Lindert wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:56:43 -0500, Craig Henrikson
> <craigh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Frank -- What about the cable release?  Sounds like the camera was kept in
> >an "on"condition.
> >
> >Craig
> >
> Hi Craig. It wasn't me but Alexander who had this problem. I just
> pointed him at the possibility that the viewfinder illumination might
> stay on for whatever reason.
> I don't know how this could result from a well functioning cable
> release sitting on the camera. Of course when it keeps the shutter
> pressed halfway down all the time the camera main circuits could stay
> on, but the viewfinder light? I really don't know - I would have
> thought it still goes off after 10 seconds...
>
> Frank.

I checked the cable release, even when its not fully pressed, the needle does
seem to stick out, so
it is very possible it kept the camera on.
Lesson? Avoid Hama cable releases. Hama is a famous german manufacturer that is
well trusted, at
least in my country, but this isnt the first time I've had a problem with there
products. a cable
release should fully retract when not pressed.
Already shot 2 rolls of film (indoor still life) since i received ther silver
oxide's Frank sent me
and the camera is alive and well.
Will keep everyone posted on my camera's new lease on life with the new
batteries (If anyone cares)
:-)

Alexander