Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??

Subject: Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:24:02 -0500
<<Pin it on the wall behind the subject, make sure its about 4 or 5 feet
behind them so it goes out of focus and hey presto - you'll never tell it
from one bought for top dollars from Shutterbug ads.>>

Instead of pinning it to the wall try this,
I went to a local junk shop and bought 2 really old and messed up projection
screens. ($2ea.).  Then I removed the screens from the posts.  This gave me
2 stands with a right angle finger on top.  To this I only needed a 7 or 8
foot long PVC pipe.
It made a good background stand until I bought a "real one".

As far as distance the subject should be from the background to put it out
of focus,
that depends on the F stop used.  8 feet seems to be my minimum at F5.6

Charlie,
Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx