Re: [OM] Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus
From: "Smoliga.Nick" <SMOLIGA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:59:15 -0600
Jerry,

I've used OM1's since 1972. Currently I have the bellows, 35/2.8, 50mm/1.8,
100mm/2.8, 135/3.5 all Zuiko, Vivitar 70-150mm/3.5 Macro Zoom, and a Sigma
600/8 mirror lens. For flash I've used a bracket-mounted Vivitar 285 since
1974. Only one of the two bodies has ever needed repair, and that was after
I dropped it. I currently looking at getting an OM2000 to introduce my
granddaughter to photography after "point-and-shoot".  Likely analog
photography will linger on well into the 21-Th century, and most likely some
Olympus OM's will still be around then. If you like the OM4Ti, buy it and
use it. "Most popular" doesn't always equate with "best" or even "good',
witness Bill Gates' software and Bill Clinton.

Nick Smoliga
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects
1103 Avenue B
Arnold AFB, TN   37389-1400
Thanks for your reply, I am still hung between purchasing a OM4Ti or a
Contax Aria. I have a ElanIIe system I am selling, I also have a OM10,
with the Zuiko 28 2.8,50 1.4 and the 135 3.5. I don't really care for
the OM10 body, I am interested in the OM4Ti metering, although I am
wondering if the multi spot metering would be similar to evalutive
metering.

Jay Maynard wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 09:26:19AM -0700, Jerry Dean wrote:
> > Would the fact that Olympus has not remained as a leader in 35 SLR
> > development, and the fear that one may be left holding the bag so to
> > speak,prevent anyone here from purchasing new Olympus gear? Thanks for
>
> Not at all. If I had the money, there'd be a brand new OM-4Ti and a few
> Zuikos in my camera bag. There's nothing else out there that captures my
> interest.

Jerry Dean
5919 E.Pima St.
Tucson, AZ 85712