Re: [OM] Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:48:22 -0500
At 01:21 PM 1/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for your reply, I am still hung between purchasing a OM4Ti or a
>Contax Aria. I have a ElanIIe system I am selling, I also have a OM10,
>with the Zuiko 28 2.8,50 1.4 and the 135 3.5. I don't really care for
>the OM10 body, I am interested in the OM4Ti metering, although I am
>wondering if the multi spot metering would be similar to evalutive
>metering.

Well not too many people here will tell you to buy an Aria <g>. In a way,
since you already have three Oly lenses, you may as well stay with Oly and
get a 4t.

I have two Arias and a 4t and an OM1.

Someone else didn't know what 'evaluative' metering is. It's also known as
'matrix', or 'segmented'. The camera segments the photo into five or more
sections, reads from each section, and based on its software algorythims,
determines an exposure. It's a lot better than centerweighted auto, IMHO.

So whether multi-spot is better, depends on the skill of the operator. If
you read all the right areas, it will be better. If you read all the wrong
areas, it will be worse :-)

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com