Re: [OM] Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:19:59 EST
Hi Olaf,
As I understand it, The OM-40 does use centerweighted metering.
When it is switched to ESP metering mode, It still uses centerweighting, but
monitors the other areas for a big difference in brightness, such as a bright
light in a corner of the frame that might throw off the centerweighting, and
actually either ignores the bright spot, or heavily biases the exposure toward
the original centerweighted reading. So, IMO, it's not spot, true
centerweighting, nor true matrix,  I guess it's a two zone evaluative type,
but with a unique way of evaluating (in ESP mode). (I've had an OM-40 for
several years, in my experience the metering system DOES WORK as advertised.)

George S.