Re: [OM] 6 element 85mm f/2.8 [was: 100/2 zuiko]

Subject: Re: [OM] 6 element 85mm f/2.8 [was: 100/2 zuiko]
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:26:02 EST
Alex writes:

> Also, I thought both OM designs
>  were more "Sonnar" like (Zeiss 85F2.8/Canon 85F1.8FD) than gaussian(Canon
>  85F1.8SSC)?

You got me there.  My Canon reference library doesn't have any books with
optical designs.  In fact, I can't find good enough matches to any named type
of design or lens in the Nikon and Minolta lines.  So, I guess it proves that
either 85mm Zuiko was radical, eh?

"Gaussian."  I must have been off my rocker!  That is a symmetrical design.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV