Re: [OM] OM-88 melting temperature

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-88 melting temperature
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:20:52 EST
In a message dated 1/29/99 4:40:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alvsborg@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  So I took the two 500 Watt lamps I have ... and gave the body with lens a
real
 photoflood.  >>

Wow, after hearing your OM-88 story, I feel a little better, and my wife is
still laughing (not at you, read on). About 11 years ago I decided to take my
first generation video camera, the huge kind, and video tape my wife and
newborn daughter at the Christmas tree. I too, had two 500 watt photofloods
from the 60's (for use with old Super 8mm film camera). The older video
cameras were not very good in low light and needed the extra punch of a
photoflood to record properly the colors of a scene. Well, you can guess what
happened after I turned everything on and left the camera to arrange some
items out of the way of the scene- yep, a wisp of smoke began to rise from the
camera, I ran over to the equipment and tripped over the extension cord on the
way. I thought my wife would die from laughing after it was all over. (The
camera didn't melt).

Glad to hear everything worked out for you and the OM-88. Here's what lenses
will work with what cameras: (Autofocus and power focus lenses are not the
same)

OM88- can use Power focus, autofocus, and manual Olympus lenses. Manual focus
lenses are focused manually, of course, with the lens focusing ring. What
exposure modes you have available depend on the type of lens, and whether you
have the manual adapter 2.
Olympus autofocus lenses will not fit non-autofocus cameras.
Olympus manual lenses are intended primarily for non- autofocus cameras, but
will also fit autofocus cameras.
This info, and more on the OM-88 is found in "How to Select & Use Olympus SLR
Cameras" by Carl Shipman (1989 edition).
Regards,
George S.