Re: [OM] Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:43:29 +0000
Giles wrote:

>Oly still sell the 4Ti new so ought to provide spares for ten
>years.  As I understand it, certain Canon users were the ones left holding
the bag.

this is an interesting thought;  probably the most 'progressive' company is
making cameras obselete faster than companies whose products don't change
(or get replaced) so often.  So, perhaps we should *applaud* Olympus for not
replacing the OM4Ti, instead of complaining that they don't follow this
route, leaving us with cameras that can't be serviced in 5 years' time?

Sometimes the most memorable images aren't necessarily produced by the best
hardware - a friend of mine has a superb 30x20" dusk shot of the local
reservoir, taken with a freebie catalogue giveaway 35mm p&s camera with
no-name print film. It makes me shake my head in disbelief, and wonder why I
bother...

Simon E.