Re: [OM] 2n flash

Subject: Re: [OM] 2n flash
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:20:25 EST
bbbean writes:

<< I just used the flash on my OM-2n for the first time today and
 noticed that it only fired in manual mode (i.e. it doesn't fire in
 auto mode). Is this a feature or a defect?

BBB, if you were using a T 20 with the back panel set for "Full Automatic
Control with the OM-2, you have to be sure that the lens aperture is adjusted
to give a shutter speed lower than 1/60 sec. If the shutter speed is higher
than 1/60 sec. the flash will not fire and the camera will take the photo
using ambient light only. This is the way it was designed. I don't know if it
works the same way with other flash units.

Regards,  Paul Connet