Re: [OM] Olympus class action

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus class action
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:04:01 -0800
The opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not
represent those of any other person, alive or dead, or association or
corporation.  Any similarity is merely a coincidence.  Any grammar, spelling
or punctuation errors are deliberate <g>.

Such litigious rhetoric is uncalled for.  Olympus has not left anyone
"holding the bag."  Collectively, we are more aware than any other group,
save the decisions makers within Olympus itself, of the state of the OM
system.  Models and accessories come and go.  Manufacturers come and go.  As
for myself, I have little concern about Olympus' plans for the OM line.
Sure, I'd prefer a miracle to happen and see a renewed commitment from
Tokoyo with new products and a genuine level of professional support.  But I
see no reason to believe it will happen.  The latest Photokina is all the
evidence I need.  But that does not dissuade me from expanding my own
involvement with OM's.

Olympus has a business to run.  A business requires profit to survive.  If
(when) Olympus decides the 35mm market no longer represents a reasonable
opportunity for profit, they _should_ get out.  I understand that, and
accept the consequences sans remorse.  Olympus owes me nothing.  We were
square when the money left my hand and an OM (1n or 2n or 4T, and someday
hopefully a 3Ti) or Zuiko lens was lovingly held instead.  Litigation is not
the answer.  Litigation is for those unwilling to accept the consequences
for their own actions.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx> suggested: