Re: [OM] Olympus class action

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus class action
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:43:33 EST
In a message dated 1/31/99 9:27:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
williams@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Businesses don't need profits to survive. They need high-quality,
 well-designed products that the public wants to own, _and_ good business
 management. Given these, the profits will usually follow.

Why did you get so hot in your reply to him?
Read your second line above- "products that the public wants to own..." if
enough people aren't interested in this high-end manual system, then it's not
profitable. Period. To expect a business to keep offering a profit losing line
(and I'm NOT saying the OMs are that, with or without company support) is not
a reasonable expectation.
I feel very passionately about my 1974 Volkswagen Beetle, but I also
understood the need to end it's production run when people were no longer
interested in buying them.

Take a chill pill,
George S.