Re: [OM] OM Obsolescence

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Obsolescence
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:13:21 +0200
James asked:

>Can you buy (almost) any piece of new Minolta MD equipment you want?
>
>Can you buy any new  Canon FD accessory you want?
>
>Can you buy any New Pentax K-mound accessory?
>
>How about Nikon?

I think your thoughts are absolutely correct, except that Nikon and even
more consequently Pentax have kept their bayonets and Pentax also has kept
many flash functions over the time (but the Pentax K bayonet is younger
than the OM-mount !). Lately, the cheaper lenses of these both
manufacturers lack an aperture simulator, so they can't be used on older
cameras, but especially with Pentax, the compatibility is astonishing. But
what about Miranda, Topcon, Agfa, Edixa, Chinon, Exakta and many, many
others ? I think the market of SLRs is very deserted in a way nowadays.

Matthias