Re: [OM] Guess That Auction!

Subject: Re: [OM] Guess That Auction!
From: Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 00:07:43 +0200
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/31/99 1:38:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << Just for comparison, I got the really clean OM-4T I picked up from the Las
> Cruces
>  Camera Shop consignment case for US $295 in December.  And it included the OM
>  grip, instruction book, fresh S76s, cap, and a good strap.  There are good
> deals
>  out there, and not just on "coyote ugly" gear.
>   >>
> Just about what I was saying a couple of weeks ago- E-Bay may not be the best
> answer for buyers, you may do better from a reputable dealer, although for
> sellers E-Bay seems to be a cash cow! Buyer beware!
>
> * Also- * I may have been right about the OM-10 system for sale for an opening
> bid of $375 that several of you wrote and defended. Last I looked there were
> NO takers, it still didn't have a first bid. Maybe it would have gone if the
> opener was lower, I think the $375 opening figure scared people away. Sounded
> like another "fast buck" attempt.
>
> Just my 2c
> George S.

It is true that it is sometimes better do buy from a dealer you know. BUT, in
the event there are no
reputable dealers in your area that carry the gear you want, ebay *can* be a
pretty good solution.
So far, I have had good experiences with ebay. Also, you can always check the
seller's feedback, it
might not mean too much but it is an indication.

--
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos