[OM] F280 contacts

Subject: [OM] F280 contacts
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:53:37 +0000
The Ti has an FX contact in lieu of an X contact to operate the F280.  This
contact is synchronised with the switching off of the trigger switch - when the
first shutter blind starts travelling.

The Ti treats the output of the F280 as normal light and so varies the shutter
speed
during the exposure, rather than vary the output from the flash.

The clock terminal of the shoe conducts current normaly -low -  (-3v).  When
the
trigger switch opens the clock terminal becomes high impedance triggering
output
from the f280.

The D.B terminal is used to stop output from the f280.  It is normaly low (-3v)
and
becomes high impedance in order to halt output.

There are five contacts in the Ti hot shoe.  Looking at them from the back of
the
camera they are roughly in an H arrangement with one contact at the end of each
arm
and one on the crossbar.  Top left is TTL, top right is L the middle contact is
X,
the bottom left is D.B and the bottom right is CLK.

Giles