Re: [OM]135mm f2.8 was [OM] 90 macro

Subject: Re: [OM]135mm f2.8 was [OM] 90 macro
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:05:33 -0600 (CST)

> Well, Charlie, my Zuiko 135mm f 2.8 is roughly the same size as your Tamron
> (e.g. twice the length as my Zuiko 100mm), has a built-in hood, and is 55mm
> filter mount.   Twice as heavy as the 100mm seems about right, too.
>
> regards,
>
> Mahlon

Interestingly, they have the same optical design, The 100, 135, and 180
f/2.8 are simply the same design in different sizes. The performance
problems of the 180 are probably due in part to scaling up too far.

Under these circumstances, you would expect the glass in the 135 to be
2.8 times as heavy as that in the 100, the mechanicals to be in the range
of 2-2.8 times as heavy, and the mount to weigh the same.

Paul Farrar