RE: [OM] is the LT 105 a decent P&S?

Subject: RE: [OM] is the LT 105 a decent P&S?
From: barry@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:49:38 -0500
Actually, I've been wondering how this camera compares with the equivalent
focal length stylus infinity. The LT is prettier and pricier. Is that it, or
is there more of a difference. It's certainly hard to tell from the Olympus
web pages. I recently bought my spouse a Stylus Zoom 140, but the first roll
hasn't been finished yet, so I can't comment on the quality of the pictures.
She was previously an OM1 user, but when the light meter died, we decided
that a point and shoot would fit her current lifestyle better than an OM,
anyway. The Olympus point and shoots looked like good ones in terms of size,
features, etc. One thing that you can be sure of is that it won't last
anywhere as long as the OM1 did, before something goes wrong with it that is
not worth repairing. For example, if one of the delicate DX contacts which
reads the film speed breaks, the camera will be basically dead. I guess this
is pretty off topic for an OM mailing list.

Barry