[OM] Tubes etc. was 90mm macro

Subject: [OM] Tubes etc. was 90mm macro
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:53:42 -0500
<<Extension tubes do degrade the image -- by causing the lens to operate at
a focal distance it may not have been optimized for. Many lenses, for
instance,
develop substantial field curvature when extended. A converter optimized for
a lens may give superior performance.

Paul Farrar>>

Thanks for the techie answers.
I do still like my idea of carrying a 25mm tube to use on all my OM lenses.

If I did more closeup or macro I would certainly consider a macro lens.
I assume that the curvature development would also pertain to bellows with
the same lenses.

Does this have a lot to do with the degraded images of a tele converter,
non matched lens combo?  Not for close up but for long shots.

Another thought, The 25mm tube loses 1 stop.  The 2x converter loses 2
stops.
Are there lenses that are optimized for extension tubes?

Charlie L
Expanding his information overload!