Re: [OM] Olympus class action

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus class action
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:15:29 +0100
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/30/99 9:37:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> williams@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << As it appears the OM system will be discontinued in the next two or
>  three years (possibly sooner), >>
>
> Is this your opinion? On what facts are you basing this on? We'd all like to
> know!...

I´ve read an article comparing the OM-4Ti v.s. the T90, there the author
writes, that with an dwinding number of lenses and with just one body
left the future of the OM system is very uncertain and there disaperance
in the near future has to be expect.
This was 1989, ten years later one system has disapeared the Canon FD.
Today we have three new bodys to choose from and some new lenses to the
already big big assortement of Zuikos. The system is still bigger than
many "more promising" systems.
The old say seems to be true: The one called dead, live longer.

Regards

Richard

p.s. The same author has criticized the aperture ring of Zuikos, he claimed,
that it is easy to change aperture accidently during focusing. Never happend
to me, just a prove of the quality of this article.