[OM] Perspective

Subject: [OM] Perspective
From: Bob Christopher <bc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:58:34 -0700
Bravo, Simon.

Over the past week or so I've been perplexed by the attitude
of Oly listmembers calling for a "Class Action" suit. Over what? Perhaps
because I am a camera collector first and a camera user second, I fully
understand and appreciate that products and production runs are not
everlasting. A collector's perspective is that of appreciation not
victimization.

When you buy into an old system you should expect that parts,
service, repairs, support, etc. are not part of the deal from the
manufacturer. You should adopt the perspective of a collector.

When you buy into a new system you should do so with the
understanding that your dollars replenish the manufacturer's cost to
produce that item, provide profits to the dealer and the shareholders, and
contribute to the R&D of what the manufacturer has in mind to replace
what you just bought.

All things considered, I am amazed at the volume of Oly gear available
and the resources for parts, service, repair and support. Why anyone
would whine about such abundance is beyond me.

\Bob

>Simon wrote:
>If the products and service Olympus provide are so bad, then feel free to
>sell your OM gear and unsubscribe.  Please let's crack on with something
>more interesting.
>Simon E.

Cheers,
  Bob
 Bob Christopher                        Littleton, CO USA
                CHRISTOPHER & ASSOCIATES
                         Est 1979
                         Database
         Development - Programming - Deployment
       email                                website
 mailto:bc@xxxxxxxxx                  http://chisp.net/~bc