RE: [OM] OM4Ti

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4Ti
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:04:07 +1100
Alexander,

All I'm trying to get across to you is that a 38kb image viewed on any PC
screen is not going to show the quality you assert is in that frame !

The following statement from that web page is also completely over the top:

"Not many Camera/Lenses can capture such beauty!"

Have a look at the Unofficial Olympus Gallery, and so many other images on
the web and elsewhere !

> Wayne Harridge wrote:
>
> > Alexander wrote:
> >
> > > And the quality......
> > > here, take a look at this shoot, I took recently with the Aria
> > >
> > http://www.mediadyne.gr/contax
> >
> > Ok, it looks nice on my laptop screen, but there is no
> Zuiko shot to compare
> > it with, and I doubt whether a 38kb JPEG would show any difference.
> >
> > And the statement "That's how light this camera is.", what
> are you trying to
> > get at ?
> > Was the camera easy to carry to that location because of
> its lightness, easy
> > to hand hold because of its lightness.  Lightness may
> actually work against
> > a sharp image (depends on a number of other factors).
> >
> > Not wishing to criticise the Aria - just emphasising that
> the image doesn't
> > really prove anything.
>
> The whole point was to emphasize the lightness of the Aria,
> as with the 4Ti.
> What? you dont like light cameras? then why are you using
> OMs? Thats one of their biggest
> advantages.
> It took me over 3 hours to get to tha spot with a backpack
> full of gears (and yes, there was an OM
> among them), but the overall weight of the camera makes a BIG
> difference. Try walking arounf with an
> F4 for a while....
> ...and no one said the image would proove anything, it was
> just an example.
> Wayne, stop whining.

Not whining, just trying to refute such ridiculous claims for that camera !

> go out and take some pics!

I have been !  But I do need to earn some money by other means.