Re: [OM] OM4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti
From: Alexander <mediadyne@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:50:04 +0200
Wayne Harridge wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> All I'm trying to get across to you is that a 38kb image viewed on any PC
> screen is not going to show the quality you assert is in that frame !
>
> The following statement from that web page is also completely over the top:
>
> "Not many Camera/Lenses can capture such beauty!"

Wayne, wayne!
any picture viewed on any screen will render a maximum of 72 DPI so it makes no
difference.
What I was trying get across to you is that the point was the lightness of the
Aria, which in the
original post was an issue and has now suddenly dissapered.

here is what I wrote
> The whole point was to emphasize the lightness of the Aria,
> as with the 4Ti.
> What? you dont like light cameras? then why are you using
> OMs? Thats one of their biggest
> advantages.
> It took me over 3 hours to get to tha spot with a backpack
> full of gears (and yes, there was an OM
> among them), but the overall weight of the camera makes a BIG
> difference. Try walking around with an
> F4 for a while....
> ...and no one said the image would proove anything, it was
> just an example.

So again, it was the joy that I was able to make it there without serious neck
and back injuries
from overload that made me happy.
As far as your statement about the original slide quality...Well, its a wow!
I havent seen such color rendition and sharpness in quite a while, and I shoot
with many camera
systems, still having the OM as one of my favorites.
So, to state that bot many camera/lenses can capture such beauty here refers to
the actual weight
that posed no difficulty for me to get there and be able to take the shot.
I hope the message got through this time.

P.S. why is that when anyone mentions other systems in this list some users get
so upset? I love my
OM system and just recently acquired 2 lenses from a person on this list and
will continue to expand
it for as long as I can, but I take pictures primarily to pay my bills, so I
also look elsewhere. An
open mind can only help us learn.