Re: [OM] Olympus class action

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus class action
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:29:09 +0100

William Sommerwerck wrote:

> Given the declining market share,

An (mostly Nikon) dealer told me, that photographers aren´t longer buying new
OMs,
mostly because of the price increase. Additionaly, he told me, the
faithful to OM already have an OM4Ti, so there is not much attraction
for them to buy a new OM4Ti.
I would add, that there must be a new body with features other OMs don´t
have, so that they are willing to buy a new OM body (the OM3ti is not different
enough from the OM4Ti and to expensive for the small difference to make it an
alternative).
But the dealer also told me, that he is still selling several OM-4Ti per
year to Unversities and clinics/medical institutions.

This might be one reason that the OM system still exists.

Regards

Richard