Re: [OM] 3rd party lens options for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] 3rd party lens options for OM
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:37:47 +0000
Jan wrote:
>I fully agree with Matthias, although adapting M42 lenses to Olympus is
>tricky and usually requires an adapter with an optical system (unlike Canon
>FD which provided its own cheap aluminum M42 adapter in the 70s and 80s).
>I don't really recommend it.

SRB Film Service in Luton UK offer an OM - M42 mount (includes a lens)
although the price is quoted as "ask" in their catalogue.  The effect of
the lens is to increase the focal length of the lens by about 20% they say,
and the adaptors are not suitable for wide angle lenses and telephotos over
about 300mm.

They also do an adaptor to allow OM lenses to be fitted to Leica screw
thread bodies.

www.srbfilm.co.uk

Regards
Richard