[OM] FS: Some True Zuikoholic Collectors Items

Subject: [OM] FS: Some True Zuikoholic Collectors Items
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:10:48 +0100
I just received the latest catalogue from "Wide Angle", which is the company
trade name for Jaap Korten, one of the biggest Olympus collectors in Europe.
This latest edition contains some really interesting stuff I want to share
with you - just in case there also might be some collectors lurking. :-)
Please understand that I have no connection with this guy (alhough I bought
some stuff  from him in the past and I know he is very trustworthy and a
dedicated Zuik). This e-mail is my own action. If you are interestested in
any of his stuff, call him directly. Don't e-mail me because I'm not his
contact.
His int. phone number is 00-31-10-4204295. He lives in Rotterdam, The
Netherlands. All prices are in Dutch Guilders (Hfl); current rate is 1 US$ =
Hfl. 1.94. I'm not judging his prices. The condition ratios he uses are in a
scale from 1 to 10 where 10 stands for brand new in box, and 1 probably
stands for broken, deteriorated with some missing parts :-)

item - (condition) - price (Hfl.) [my comment]

Olympus M1 body - (8.5) - Hfl.1100 [this ain't no Leica! :-)]
Olympus OM1n GOLD body + standard lens - (9.0) - Hfl.2850 [he claims only 25
made!]

[Do you think the previous two are too exaggerated for a Valentine present?
Naaaah, not for a true Zuik lover :-)]

less rare, but I'm sure still very interesting for many Zuiks out there:
Olympus OM-3 body - (10.0) - Hfl. 1975 [yeahhh a brand new in box OM-3, not
Ti]
Olympus OM-3 body - (7.0) - Hfl. 850 [nice price I would say]

He also seems to have all the other OM bodies. Then he has lots of lenses. I
will name just those that I know are rare. Of course there aint no such
thing as a Zuik collector's item. Just go ahead and use the stuff, no matter
what the price is [sorry, Zuikoholic comment].

8/2.8 Fishey - (8.5) - Hfl.1750
20/2 macro - (9.5) - Hfl. 825
35/2.8 Shift - (8.0) - Hfl.1100
100/2 - (8.5) - Hfl.1100
180/2.8 - (8.0) -  Hfl.1100
200/5 - (8.0) - Hfl.265
250/2 - 8.5 - Hfl.6000 [very rare and weighs only 4 kilo - that's less than
the price in Hfl :-() ]
300/4.5 - (9.0) - Hfl.850
500/8 - (9.0) - Hfl.1100
1000/11 - (9.0) - Hfl.4800 [veeeeeery rare. Is this a lens? Is this a
telescope? No it's a Zuik]
50-250/5 - (8.0) - Hfl.650 [very rare, nice price]
85-250/5 - (8.0) - Hfl.700
1.4XA converter - (9.0) - Hfl.625

Zuikoholic footnote: I'm not responsible for Zuikoholic decisions that lead
to instantaneous bankrupcy or broken marriages. Just sell the house, sell
the boat. But for God sake don't sell any Zuik.

Hans