Re: [OM] T45 and OM-3Ti??

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 and OM-3Ti??
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:46:23 -0600
I have a rather eclectic collection of OM equipment - some very old and
some very new.  I'm looking for advice on how to  make the old and new
work together.

The current project involves an ancient T45 flash and a fairly new
OM-3Ti (the commemorative edition).  Can someone who really knows tell
me the various ways that these two can be mated?

I purchased the T45 many, many years ago from a mailorder outfit
reknowned for stripping extras from the factory pack - so the T45 I have
has ONLY the PC cord; it's even missing the hand strap (any clues on
where I can find one of those?)  So, it may be that I need a cord, or an
adaptor, to get the most flexibility out of this combo.  Of course,
everything works just fine when I use the most vanilla setup (letting
the T45 figure the exposure).  I'm looking for advice on how to do it
"right".

Failing that...there's room in my budget for a new flash setup for the
OM-3Ti.  I can profitably dedicate an OM-1 body to the T45 flash and
continue to use them as a fixed unit.  The question then becomes -
what's the best addition to the -3Ti?

constraints - I don't think I want the flash directly on the shoe - but
on the other hand a fixed location on a bracket would be fine (I don't
need to wave the flash around in one hand while positioning the body
with the other hand.

(oh yeah...a second question: what's the best battery maintenance
schedule for the T45 battery.  Left to my own devices, I am likely to
leave the battery in the charger most of the time, pulling it out only
when the need arises to take some shots.  Will this damage the battery?
the alternative seems to be to leave it OUT of the charger, only to find
it discharged when I need it - requiring actual advance planning to
recharge it in advance.  My usage would be relatively infrequent.

Back to flashes for the -3Ti...I probably need TWO.  One small, light
duty, shoe-mount that I can carry when I'm travelling light (for when I
don't really expect to need flash, but just in case...) - and the other
for more planned activities where a bracket, etc. would not be out of
place.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213