Re: [OM] T45 and OM-3Ti??

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 and OM-3Ti??
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 22:16:22 -0600
At 04:46 PM 2/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a rather eclectic collection of OM equipment - some very old and
>some very new.  I'm looking for advice on how to  make the old and new
>work together.
>
>The current project involves an ancient T45 flash and a fairly new
>OM-3Ti (the commemorative edition).  Can someone who really knows tell
>me the various ways that these two can be mated?
>
>I purchased the T45 many, many years ago from a mailorder outfit
>reknowned for stripping extras from the factory pack - so the T45 I have
>has ONLY the PC cord; it's even missing the hand strap (any clues on
>where I can find one of those?)  So, it may be that I need a cord, or an
>adaptor, to get the most flexibility out of this combo.  Of course,
>everything works just fine when I use the most vanilla setup (letting
>the T45 figure the exposure).  I'm looking for advice on how to do it
>"right".

You seem to have gotten the full pack. The grip strap is extra and so is the
TTL cord. You need the TTL Auto Cord T2 0.1m. It will connect the 5-pin
socket on the front of the camera to the corresponding socket below on the
bracket. If you are using a drive or winder, also get the TTL Auto Cord T2
0.15m and the M Grip Cord 2, which (when the handle is to the right) will
connect the socket on the back of the bracket to the socket on the top of
the winder, so you can fire the setup from the button on the handle. You can
also use any T series cable to connect the camera to the flash. I would
strongly  getting these cords, since, for a little money, you will get a
major improvement in function. You will get camera-controlled TTL flash and
a viewfinder ready-confirm light.