RE: [OM] 3rd party lens options for OM

Subject: RE: [OM] 3rd party lens options for OM
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:35:26 +0200
Wayne asked:

>> changed. My thought is, why not adding one mint Spotmatic to your
>> equipment, so you can use many of those cheap M42 gems, like
>> the fisheye.
>> With the fisheye, you need no motor drive, flash or similar things.
>>

>I was thinking of doing the same thing, however I still haven't found that
>Takumar Fisheye.  Does anyone know where these can be found ?  I have all
>but given up hope of finding a used 16mm Zuiko here (Melbourne, Australia),
>especially at an affordable price.

The Takumar fisheye is perhaps as rare as the Zuiko fisheye and it is not
cheap in good condition, too. (BTW, I have seen one Takumar fisheye in a
second hand shop for photo equipment. But the dealer had just decided to
keep it for his own. He used it with a Minolta AF camera with adapter. He
did a comparison with a Carl Zeiss (west) F-Distagon, which was for sale in
this shop, too. He showed me the pictures, and indeed, the Takumar pictures
were visible better. Perhaps this F-Distagon was a dud, but it looked like
new, too.) My suggestion for a cheap fisheye is the Russian Zenitar 16mm
1:2,8, which is quite good except for a little bit "warm - very slightly
yellow" colours. It is sharp and brilliant. In Australia, you may order it
via Internet from Kalimex in Prague, but I don't know, if they send good
pieces.

Matthias