Re: [OM] F-280 .vs. T32

Subject: Re: [OM] F-280 .vs. T32
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:53:04 -0500

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Wayne Shumaker wrote:

> If this has been discussed before, I apologize. I recently purchased a
> F-280 flash, but have no manual for it. I also have a T32 flash, which
> I understand pretty well. Tomorrow I will be leaving on a vacation and
> I would only like to take one of these two flashes, since both are a
> bit heavy. If you were to pick one of these two flashes, which would it
> be?

   <<The one you are familiar with.
                                    *= Doris Fang =*>>

I guess you are already gone on your vacation, but think of this in the
future.
Take both!  Or the F-280.  Why did you buy the 280?
So it can sit at home?
I get the impression that the majority of list members responded "T-32".
Because you know it better.
How will you ever get to know the F-280 if you don't use it?
If I had a F-280 and a body that fully supports it, I would not hesitate to
pack it.
Use faster film if the G.N. is an issue.

Another thought is, the F-280 is at it's best with fast synch speeds.
This would presumably be for fill flash.  Not much power needed there.
For full flash exposure, distance from the subject would be a problem with a
lower G.N.  What distance would you be needing to cover?
Are you going to use a long telephoto lens?  If so, you need to get the
flash off the camera and move it closer anyway.

There are many variables in photography however this is how I would evaluate
the situation.

Happy Shooting,

Charlie L