Re: [OM] Please Date this Lovely OM1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Please Date this Lovely OM1n
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:52:16 -0700
At 08:18 AM 06/02/99 -0800, 'srp' wrote:
>this wicked disease progresses and I find myself with another OM1n.
>A timeless pristine chrome beauty. either forgotten and left on a shelf or
>so gingerly used that not even a fingerprint was left behind.
>and to cap off the madness, I picked it up for $85 US.
>the white numbers stamped inside, in back, where the film cannister sits
>read TNE5.
>The N could be an M or W.
>serial #2187xxx
>anyone care to venture a date and place of birth?

Per your later message entitled "OM1n & P625XA," this too is a FAQed piece of
information, which you can puzzle out for yourself.  (Appears to have been
manufactured in 1985 -- your SN is similar to the SN on my OM-1n.)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/