RE: [OM] more about DEET

Subject: RE: [OM] more about DEET
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 22:38:44 -0600
>The most effective mosquito repellant I have used is "Skin So Soft" body
>lotion made by Avon.

Doesn't do squat with flies though.  One tip that I picked up years ago and
I do it myself with terrific results is to go totally vegen two weeks prior
to a "field trip".  It takes at least two weeks to flush animal fats and
oils out of our body and by converting ourselves to a non-carrion eater our
flesh is less desirable for the flies.  Actually what it means is that we
stink less.  Of course, a two-clove-a-day garlic habit helps too, but
increases the odor problem.  Heavily ingesting cayenne pepper is said to
help too.

Biggest problem though is deciding which is worse:  Vegen diet or bugs biting.

Ken (a carnivore again) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx