[OM] 2 cents worth

Subject: [OM] 2 cents worth
From: Raymond Ang <r_ang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 22:54:18 +0800
I've been reading the stuff posted on this list for a while now, and
even sent stuff in or direct to some of the members who needed help.  I
thot I should at least throw in my 2 cents worth about my gear:

I got into the OM system when I was 18 with an OM-10 and 50/1.8, and an
assortment of no-name lenses.  When I went to uni in Canada, I got into
the Canon FD system, acquiring an old EF and later a T90.  But I still
had my OM-10. Later, I saw an ad for a used OM2SP, an Olympus model I
had lusted for when it was first released.  I picked it up together with
a Winder 2 and T20.  That's when the deadly OM-virus took over.  I was
hooked on OM again, scouring used ads and visiting camera shops around
the province where I studied.

In the course of my 3 years, I picked up an OM-1, OM-2, OM-3, OM-4, a
T32, zoom adapter, T20 auto connector and 30 cm TTL cord, 35-70/4,
135/2.8, 28/3.5, 35/2 a couple of XAs, an XA4 macro, focusing screens,
extension tubes, filters......etc.

I had gone OM-mad !  Eventually, I came to my senses and sold off some
of the stuff, but kept the 1 (it was the first OM!), the 3 (rare), the
2SP (for TTL flash), the 2 flashes, the 35/2 and a standard lens, ext
tubes, as well as the XA and XA4.

Except for the XAs, I hardly use the OMs (into EOS) but it still gives
me great satisfaction to pull them out now and then, hook on the 35/2
and wander the streets.  In this age of polcarbonate AF cameras, it's
not uncommon to have someone stare when u manually wind and rewind your
film !