RE: [OM] Cable Release for OM-2000

Subject: RE: [OM] Cable Release for OM-2000
From: "Higgins, Michael (Ex AS01)" <MHiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:13:53 +1100
Both the cheap cable releases that I have screwed into the OM2000 about half
way.  To me this seems like less of a problem when compared to removing the
batteries to do a time exposure, which I always forget until the camera is
firmly screwed onto the tripod.

This leads onto another question... I have always diligently removed the
batteries before taking a time exposure, however I expect that for shorter
exposures this isn't necessary.  Has anyone done any experimentation to
determine at what length of exposure it is necessary to remove the batteries
on the OM2000?  (in order to avoid a red glow from the underexposure light
in the viewfinder)

Cheers,

Mike