Re[2]: [OM] more about DEET

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] more about DEET
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:53:08 +0100
On Sat, 06 Feb 1999 18:12:31 -0800, John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx> jammed
all night, and by sunrise was overheard remarking:

> At 06:12 PM 06-02-99 -0500, you wrote:

> >Mosquito repellant
>
> The most effective mosquito repellant I have used is "Skin So Soft" body
> lotion made by Avon.

I tried that, out the backyard of my old place, after the reports
started coming out about it. But it didn't work. Of course, right behind
my old place was a big old South Jersey swamp, the kind that breeds the
sort of mosquitoes rumored to be our State Bird.

To date, the best repellant mix I have found, though not for everyone,
starts with a good lunch. Put a handful of chopped pepper, real peppers,
like Halbenareos or Scotch Bonnets, on your sandwichs. That, and a little
of the stick form of "Cutter" (maybe that's DEET, I don't know, I've been
using it since I learned canoeing as a kid), and at least the little ones
(under an inch or so) will leave you alone :-)
--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One