Re: [OM] When even taking photos just ain't fun....

Subject: Re: [OM] When even taking photos just ain't fun....
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:27:22 -0600
>and 2nd flash - the last time I buy a no-name cord for a third the price of
>a Hama one; it is *not* fun to lose half a roll of film that someone else is
>paying for, in front of them, the designer and the model, because things
>don't work...

The "graveyard boxes" of every professional photographer are littered with
the carcasses of these cheeseball cords.  The sad part of it is that the
Hamas aren't much better.  Manufacturers of PC sync cords still haven't
figured out the art of impedances and RF filtering.  I'm about to have an
RF engineer friend of mine make up some custom PC cables for me that won't
trigger the flash every time anybody walks by my setup with a cellphone.

>b) the designer, being an absolute jerk, decided that he'd help me out by
>going to take a finished roll out of my camera while I was pulling another
>out of my bag - finished, yes.... rewound? NO! ......

Must have thought your cameras said C*n*n.  "What?  You have to rewind the
film yourself?"

>c) the client, lovely gent that he was, decided the time was right to go
>through his entire repertoir (sp?) of tasteless jokes, you know...

I would have been packing my stuff up after the second joke.  Slimeball
activity like that I have no patience with.  I will take the offending
person aside and let him know in private that I won't put up with it and
one more joke and I'm outta there.  I still charge the client though as the
contract usually says something about the client's responsibility to
provide an adequate facility and resources for the shoot.

>I'll find out tomorrow what sort of shots turn out - I'm not liking the
>possibility of a reshoot, so hopefully there'll be something out of 3 (or 2
>1/2) rolls

What?  Don't you know that a fashion shoot these days requires at least 50
rolls per outfit?  Oh, and don't forget at least 25 poloroids for light
testing and three assistants?

>Sorry to be a bleeding heart (and a bit OT), but I needed to get this out my
>system... <g>

More fiber.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton