Re: [OM] Rubber Ring Experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] Rubber Ring Experiment
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 20:55:02 +0100
Peter A. Klein wrote:

> At 10:41 PM 2/6/99 +0000, you wrote:
>
> I have seen a local repairman use a piece of yellow "Post-It" Notes.

> The repairman cut a strip of the sticky part, and folded it over the long
> way so that the sticky part was exposed on both sides.  Then he inserted it
> under the rubber ring.  This holds the ring in place on the lens (and adds
> a tiny extra bit of diameter under a loose ring). But it can be removed
> very easily.

It´s a very complicated to get an removable adhesive.
There is a so called "Pritt Roller" this type of tape roller which converts
every type of paper into Post-it paper by rolling over the paper and
adding an film of glue similar to the one used on Post-it papers. Of
course it is removeable on rubber surfaces and will securly prefent any
sliping of the focusing ring.
Another usefull glue might be the one used by newspaper to compose there
pages.

Regards

Richard